Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Daydreaming

If you are anything like me, then you are the type of person who dreams constantly. If you and I are anything alike then you are also the type of person who's dreams take place only during the day. I don't know about you but I rarely ever remember the dreams I have when I'm asleep at night. Nope. All my dreams surface when I'm wide awake & in a place where I should absolutely NOT be daydreaming. What is the meaning of all this? I constantly beat myself up mentally for daydreaming while at work, church, or even at home.

One thing I am not beating myself up for is simply...dreaming. Where are all my Dreamers at?! *Destiny's Child voices* "THROW YO HANDS UP AT ME!"

I'm a few years shy of my 30th birthday and I caught myself saying, "One day I'm going to do _________." Then I face-palmed myself and said, "Uhhhh NO Homegirl. You're almost 30. TODAY you're going to _____________."

I have had so many dreams & goals. So much so that you'd laugh hysterically if I told you what they were. You'd laugh & tell me, "I can't see you doing that." I'd probably laugh along with you and agree. Why do we do that to ourselves?! Have a dream & then talk ourselves out of it?!

As I'm writing this, it's becoming clear to me that my dreams occur during the day so that I remember them all. If asleep while dreaming, you can't write down a single one of your dreams. Interesting.

Wait. Back to what I initially intended to blog. Folks, I encourage you to make your dreams come true. More than that I encourage you to trust in the One who gives you these dreams - Jesus! Everything you have dreamed can come to life when you trust God.

So here's what you do:

1) Write down every single dream you have
2) Highlight the ones you are really passionate about
3) Make a to-do list of what needs to be accomplished to see your dreams live
4) Pray over that list every chance you get
5)  Get your pen ready to cross out every single dream that comes true

Psalm 37:4 (esv) says, "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."

Proverbs 16:9 (esv) says, "The heart of a man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps."

Last but not least,

Matthew 6:33 says, "Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you."

I take God at His word. I have desires/dreams, I will delight myself in Him. I have planned in my heart what I want to do, but God will lead me. Lastly, if I put Him first, everything I need/desire will be supplied.

Don't you just love how God works?!

No comments:

Post a Comment