Thursday, April 25, 2013

Be Faithful in the Little..

Hey all!  I know it's been a few days. I must admit I slacked off just a bit these past few days with my blogging.  Before I go ahead and talk more about the title for this blog, allow me to update you on my anniversary celebration last weekend.  First off, let me just say God is GREAT!  I am so blessed to be able to say I've made it through one whole entire year of marriage WHEW!  Just recently I found out a good friend of mines from college was divorced after only nine months.  I could not get over how upsetting that news was.  I kept repeating to my husband, "Man...I just can't believe they got divorced!"  This couple was the annoying & overly-affectionate in public type of couple.  They just couldn't keep their hands off each other no matter their surroundings.  It definitely seemed as if they were madly in love with each other.  I guess things aren't always what they seemed to be huh?  Needless to say, they have both moved on with their lives.  One is newly engaged and the other is in a serious relationship.  I am happy they both were able to find love again despite their failed love with one another.

Anywho, back to me :-) LoL! After an entire year of learning about each other, picking up on each other's habits (good & bad), learning how to pick our battles, dealing with the combining of two incomes, becoming new leaders of our youth group, working in new jobs, living with my parents, learning how to live in each other's space 24/7, etc. I am happy to say that we did it!  Yes, we did it for one whole year and it has been such a learning & growing experience for the both of us.  Although we share the same culture, values, & beliefs, we come from two entirely different worlds.  It's exciting to know that for the rest of our lives we will be learning how to blend both of our worlds to create a harmonious & loving world for the both of us and our children.  With that said, we spent our one year anniversary enjoying each other's company and reflecting back on the crazy year we endured.  We didn't do much in other's opinion, but we did exactly what WE NEEDED to do.

Here's where being faithful in the little comes into play...

Throughout this year, my husband & I have endured much financial hardship.  Even with budgeting & being faithful in our tithes/offerings, we still found ourselves struggling.  It has definitely been hard. *grabs kleenex*  Our financial hardship is something extremely hard for me to talk about.  I get emotional every time, even before I was pregnant (so I can't blame the hormones ha!).  My husband has tried his hardest to pull in as many hours as he could with being a part-time employee, and my hours were cut when my boss noticed a drop in my attendance due to my 1st trimester of pregnancy.  It didn't seem fair that my husband was such a hard & faithful worker yet they wouldn't grant him a full-time position. It also didn't seem fair that my boss would cut my hours due to my pregnancy.  For several months we really felt an injustice was done to us both.  Unlike my husband, I spent many nights awake trying to cry myself to sleep & wondering how we were going to pay our dues without suffering from late fees.  

Even though we were struggling and I had every right to cry about our situation, I was going about it ALL wrong.  You see my Husband, instead of lying awake at night worrying & boohoo'ing like me, he pushed himself to work even harder.  I know right, how HOT is that? LoL!  He went about this the right way.  Even though he had little hours to work with, he pushed himself to be even MORE faithful than he already was.  So because he exercised his strength in the little hours he had, starting May 13, 2013 he will be a FULL-TIME employee! HALLELUJAH!! God always honors those who honor Him & He is for SURE faithful in His promises. 

My job now is to pick up my face off the ground and start being faithful in what God has given me.  My hours were restored back to me (YAY!) but since my boss did me so dirty the first time around, I haven't forgiven her & I'm still lowkey holding a grudge towards her.  I mean seriously, what kind of boss cuts your hours when you're 2 1/2 months pregnant?! Not to mention this happened right before the holidays *2 thumbs all the way down*.  Discriminatory & unlawlful? Heck yes!  Buuuuuut...I need to see the silver lining in this all.  Yes my boss did me wrong, but she gave me back my hours.  Instead of moping around I should be leaping for joy.  *sigh*  I SO need to get over this in a quickness.  Being upset with my boss has really affected my performance & my energy.  After all she DID restore my full-time position. My prayer now & forever is that God will help me to be faithful in the little things. Not because He will bless me with much in doing so, but so that I don't overlook the blessings that the little things bring.

Well folks...that's my time.  Enjoy your Thursday!

P.S.
Are my blogs too lengthy?  I just can't seem to end at a good length *shrugs* Sorry yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment