Thursday, June 12, 2014

Fun Facts About Me

I started this blog last Spring during my second trimester of my first pregnancy. I didn't really have any specific aim of what I wanted to blog about, I guess I just needed a place to vent about my life at the time.  I was in a transitional stage then: I was looking for another job, highly stressed with ministry obligations, newly married, expecting a Baby, & started noticing friends who turned into strangers (must've been because of my Baby bump idk). I never really introduced who I was, where I was from, and all that fun stuff. So here are some fun facts about me that I'd like to share with my wonderful readers.

Blogging
- I have been blogging since I was 15 years old on another site called Xanga. I logged on there last week and was not able to retrieve any of my old writings. Bleh. Any who, blogging allows for me to filter out my daily happenings. So much fills my head I tend to get crazy haha! So, blogging is my release. Although I am not here as much as I need to be, I am always right at home when I arrive. I hope you will feel right at home as you read my blogs.

Place of Birth: Killeen, Texas
- I lived in Texas until I was three years old. Moved to North Carolina afterwards (lived there for 11 months, then moved to Germany. YES! Germany.)

I Have Traveled Quite A Bit
-Only because 1) My Dad was in the military, 2) I went to college out of state - Missouri to be exact, and 3) I've been on several Mission's trips.
-Places I've been to in consecutive order: Texas, North Carolina, Germany, California, Washington, Samoa, Missouri, Colorado, Greece, Italy, Georgia, and American Samoa

Family
- Wherever you find me, I will most likely be with my family. I was raised in a very loving home. My parents have been married for over 30 years, I have 3 brothers (one lives in Heaven), and one sister. My family grew by one when I married my Husband and then grew even more when I gave birth to my son. Now that I have a little family of my own, I aim to raise my son up just as I was raised - God fearing & people loving. In addition, I have tons & tons of cousins, aunties, uncles, nieces, & nephews who I love so very dearly. I have two living Grandfathers - one in Los Angeles & one in San Francisco - the best of both worlds :-).

Faith
- I am deeply rooted in my faith. I grew up in a very conservative Pentecostal Christian home. From the time I walked out of my mother's womb I was holding a microphone & tambourine praising Jesus from the depths of my infant heart. Today the only difference here is that I love Jesus even more & I get to serve Him alongside my two favorite guys in the entire universe - My Romeo's (Husband & son). Big Romeo & I are going on three years of serving as Youth Leaders & it has been a roller coaster! There are highs and lows all around leadership, but when you're confident in who you're following, everything eases up.

I hope you enjoyed learning more about me. If not, it sucks to be you. LoL! Kidding! If not, thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment